Sunday, November 14, 2010

Updates on the girls

Kensley
Potty training
Going strong! :) She loves her Dora panties. See this post.

speaking sentences
She is talking so well now! It just blows my mind and I am so proud of her :) She is always saying something that makes me laugh. I need to try to get them on the video camera. She is also starting to really sing the songs to tv shows. Of course, Dora- and there's a show called the "Fresh Beat Band" on Nick Jr. It's a cute show- and she's started singing the song they sing at the end. And I'm guessing they count a lot in it? She runs around the house saying "1-2-3-5-6-7-9-10!" She says something like that really fast. If she slows down, she can count correctly....

Playing ball with Daddy
This is a game they have recently started playing- within the past few weeks, I guess. It's funny because I think Kent enjoys it as much as she does. She runs around and he tries to throw the ball at her. He doesn't hit her usually, but every now and then he'll get her leg or arm and she just dies laughing! Not sure what makes getting hit so fun? But they do it. A lot.

Kallie

diaper issues
She STILL has had a rash on her bottom and I finally took her to the dr. Ended up having some bacteria as well a yeast infection so she is on two meds. Looks a LOT better! However, now she has a cold. First time she's been sick. Ever. She hates the bulb- so that is a nightmare! I tried to get Kent to help me but he didn't like to see her scream.

eating/foods
She isn't too big on eating. She's a little picky. She likes green beans and squash. She has that a lot. I'll try to throw in peas and carrots- she won't eat a whole jar, but she'll eat some. She really likes the peaches I make and I just made her pears and she's not too hot on those. But I'll keep trying. Now that she's got a cold, i'm having a hard time getting her to eat anything! She does love her cereal w/fruit and oatmeal w/fruit!


crawling
She's speed crawling now! It's so funny- when she sees her mommy, she crawls 90-0!

pulling up
She's pulling up on everything. Everything. I'm sure she'll figure out how to get on her feet soon.

almost to a big car seat
Almost! She's 22lbs and I am just about DONE trying to carry that heavy carrier! And trying to throw her up in the Tahoe--- that's going to be the death of my back! So she'll be getting a big girl seat VERY soon!

1st birthday
Yes. I said it. Crazy that it's only 4 months away, huh?! I am already brainstorming ideas. I tried to get things together for Kensley's and then slacked off- then we moved- so I didn't get to do everything I would have liked to do. So with Kallie's 1st, I'm determined to be prepared!! Let the planning begin!

2 comments:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

I like all your ideas for KG's birthday, they are really good. I can't believe she is 22 pounds!!

Holly said...

Maddox LOVES the Fresh Beats Band too! (and da-da-da-da-da Dora!) FBB is the show that got him talking about his "instruments" all the time!!
You need to video her, I know Maddox would love watching it!!

Way to go Kallie! Pulling up? You go baby-love-chunks!!

Miss yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!