Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 3

Your first love.

Believe it or not, I am married to him! We met in jr. high and started "going out". Growing up in the same school for my whole life, there were a couple boys that I had as boyfriends off and on. Yes, I was young. No, it wasn't love! haha but anyways, I remember thinking "he is the first boy that actually doesn't get on my nerves!" It was crazy. We ended up dating my freshman & sophomore year in high school. He graduated and went to college and we tried to make it work the first part of my junior year. We ended up breaking up- I thought it wasn't working out. I ended up spending the rest of my high school days trying to figure out my life! Making memories and learning from my mistakes. Anyways, I graduated high school and went to.... just wait.... the same college he (Kent) was going to! We never really talked- we saw each other occasionally. I went to college and lived my life as a freshman the first semester. Gaining weight--but meeting lots of great friends while doing it! :) haha I dated a guy that semester but ended it after Christmas. Kent & I kept running into each other at parties- it's such a small world- we hung out with the same set of friends. Then one day we just started talking again..... and to make a longer story short, the rest is history :-)

I love that man with all my heart and am SO THANKFUL for him and the family he has given me. God has truly blessed us!

Here are some funny pictures- I made a scrapbook for us when I was in high school (luckily I married him- if I hadn't, I'm sure it would have been a little odd having an entire album devoted to another man!haha)



This is when we first started "dating". Not sure he even had his license!

HAHA- I am laughing looking at these. Here we are at prom. :) Check out that stlyin' dress!

Here we are at the Sadie Hawkins dance. 

This was in 2004. (yes, this was proof I gained quite a bit of weight!!)

This was in 2004, I believe. I was playing volleyball at Temple College.



This was New Years.... 2005, maybe? 

This was in February 2005- Kent had just proposed





1 comment:

Holly said...

AWE!! I loved looking at those old pics!!
Reminds me of the old apartment days when I would look through your albums!