Monday, March 15, 2010

Tomorrow is the big day!

Well, this time tomorrow we'll be in the hospital room waiting on Kallie to make her debut. Oh the emotions that are going through my body! I didn't sleep at all last night. You would have thought we were going in this morning! I just had so much on my mind- all of my last minute things to do today and then my mom getting here today and how Kensley is going to be while we're at the hospital. She's never stayed away from me- and if anything, I would want her to be with my mom the first time she's not with me, but it still makes me nervous! And YES, I know she's going to be fine! :) I had a list of things to do today- but this morning at around 5, Kensley woke up coughing like crazy- she finally ended up whining a bit and I went in her room. I gave her some Benadryl and warm milk and she ended up going back to sleep until about 9. SHe's had this wet, productive cough for a few days now. I called the pediatrician's office to mainly see what they thought I should give her. THe nurse immediately told me I needed to get her seen- because it may be something like bronchitis and she would need antibiotics. Well DUH!! Why in the world did that never cross my mind? So we're going to the dr. today- hopefully will be able to get some medicine for her. I don't want to bring Kallie home and Kensley be sick!

I've been having contractions still- just nothing out of the normal. It's been really neat to experience it naturally; however, I'm ready to be induced in the morning! No doubt! Here is a picture from this morning- I am 39 weeks (although the baby is measuring a couple weeks ahead). I have gained 33lbs this pregnancy. I ended up doing better than I thought I would.

And here's just a sweet picture of Kensley and Kent from yesterday. Our neighborhood backs up to the Potomac and it's been flooding this past weekend. It hasn't been raining really hard where we are- but the water levels of the river are rising.... you can kind of see it in the background....



3 comments:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

LOVE the picture of Kent and Kensley!! You are still a hot pregnant momma and only gained in your belly (or at least that is what it looks to those around you!). Glad you took Kensley in that way it would be one less thing for you to worry about tomorrow. Our prayers are with you for a speedy delivery and a happy Kensley with her Nonnie (nonny?- you know she will be spoiled and probably won't want her to leave!).
I've had two the past two days (HG and Tyler- 13 months!) and oh my, lots of fun! haha!

Holly said...

Good luck tomorrow!! I have 2 friends having being induced this week and you girls are giving me fever!! Our prayers are with you both, and I can't wait to receive a text of her sweet face!!! How exciting that you have got to go through some natural progression of labor-- I never got to go through any of that and I am sure it is neat!

Don't beat yourself up for not taking Kensley in until now-- she is a rare case for an ear infection without any fever, and sleeping/ eating well-- there would be NO WAY to tell without an otoscope!! Good thing is that ear infections are not contagious... in 48-72 hours she should be much better.

LOVE the pic you took by the water... probably my favorite so far!!

Casey said...

goodness, that is a big belly! I'm anxious to see Kallie! Its 1:30 on the 16th so you may have had her by now, I'm just not reading your blog! Good luck if you haven't had her yet! I'm thinking about you!!