Friday, March 12, 2010

4 more days....

until my induction. I went to the dr. on Wednesday and I am completely effaced and 2-3cm dilated. He told me I could go any day now. He even mentioned that he wouldn't be surprised if I showed up that evening! Well, obviously I never showed up! I am still at home....pregnant! Kallie is just taking her sweet time! I had a ton of contractions on Wednesday and that night (all night long) I woke up every hour. Kent stayed home from work yesterday and OF COURSE, I didn't even have hardly any contractions! So when he woke up this morning, I told him to go ahead and go to work because I didn't have a hard night at all. (other than the normal of having to pee, my hips falling to sleep.... all that fun stuff) :) A storm has hit us- it's not raining right now, but it did last night and is suppose to all weekend. Maybe that will throw my body into labor! My dr. won't be on call this weekend, so TODAY is the day I need to have her if I go before my induction on Tuesday. We went on a walk yesterday with Nikki and the girls- contractions were coming on strong, but as soon as I got home, they stopped. It's been really neat to feel my body laboring naturally. With Kensley, I never felt anything until I was induced. So this is pretty neat & special!

As far as Kensley goes- I ask her everyday if she's ready for Kallie to get here. I was trying to get her to say "Kallie" yesterday and she would just say "KK". She'll get it soon- "Kallie" isn't hard to say. We went to a preschool yesterday to tour. It is a very small one - it's at a Presbyterian church. If she goes, it would only be twice a week and for two hours a day. Next year she'd be able to go 3 hours. I'm going to call another school today and get some information and then hopefully we can get something set up for her to start in the fall. She'll be the younger one in her class, but I think that'll be ok. They're going to work with them on potty training, which is great. (I really kind of dread that!!) Maybe if she's around other kids that are working on it, she'll be more interested in trying. I'm super excited about getting her into something. She was in heaven yesterday! I could have left and she would have never known! That makes me feel good :-)

Well, no pictures to share- camera is packed in the bag with batteries fully charged. Haven't pulled it out any to get any shots. Maybe I'll get it out later and attempt some belly pictures.

2 comments:

Casey said...

How exciting, its getting close! I can't wait to hear the news! So, is your 365 day challenge out the window? Too much to do with a 1 1/2 y/o and 9 month pregnant belly!! I can't wait to see the pictures you take of Miss Kallie!!!

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

So exciting!! Kensley will be a great big sister and she'll love school. You will be so surprised some of the stuff she will pick up there!!