Monday, April 12, 2010

What a great weekend!

It went by waaaay too fast! We had Kent at home on Friday, which was really nice. It's so nice to have him home in the mornings- he'll get Kensley out of bed and get her some milk and bring her back in the bedroom to watch cartoons. It's nice to get to sleep a little more since I seem to be up a LOT during the night!

Kallie is still not sleeping long periods at night. She wakes up every 2.5-3 hours. She's slept in her crib a couple nights, which is nice because she's a grunter. Last night she slept in her bassinet for the first stretch and then her crib the second stretch and then our bed the last stretch. Maybe she'll sleep longer than 3 hours at a time soon.

Her tear ducts are still clogged. I have to wipe her poor eyes out constantly, it seems. I massage them too, so hopefully they'll clear up soon. Her baby acne come and goes. Sometimes it looks really bad and sometimes it's very mild. She's starting to lose the little bit of hair she had. :( It looks funny because it's just on top. I told Kent she looked like my grandaddy!! :) Kensley never had any hair to lose, so this is all new to us.

Speaking of Miss Kensley- she is cutting her molars.... one by one. She is a great teether and has done wonderful. She's not super fussy at all. She'll open her mouth and I'll get a peek in there and another is breaking through! She's almost got both of her bottom 1 year molars completely in. She was late teething, so they all came in at once. Her top ones are making their way in too. It's amazing how much she's changed in the past 6 months.

Kensley at 1 year:

Kensley at 18 months:

I'm about to work on birth announcements for Kallie. They have the CUTEST matching outfits, but OF COURSE, I asked Kensley to take a picture and she yelled "NO!" and started running away.... I'll keep trying to get something! :) I'm off to start editing some of the pictures I got this morning of my chunky monkey.

3 comments:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Hope you get some rest soon!! Kensley has changed a lot the past year, she is like a little lady now!

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz Seymour said...

No worries. Beau had a plugged tear duct, too, for about 3 weeks. I just keep massaging it with warm wash clothes, and it eventually disappeared. Those baby girls are just darling!