Monday, April 26, 2010

Tomorrow marks 6 weeks!!!

It's almost 6 weeks to the day that Kallie made her entrance into this world. WOW! Time flies! She is such a beautiful baby and brings a smile to my face everytime I look at her. We are still having trouble at night. She gets very restless- I guess I'll go ahead and classify it as "colicky" as much as I don't want to! I know a lot of babies go through this time- I just keep in my mind the song "it won't be like this for long". I try to treasure every moment, good and bad. I remember thinking after I brought Kallie home how I was crazy to think things were tough when it was just Kensley.... but I am reminded at night that whether you have 1 or 6 kids, the infant stage is tough, really tough. The cries and screams are heartbreaking and the fact that sometimes NOTHING will help those cries and scream just makes for an irritated mommy. Again.... "it won't be like this for long". (If you haven't heard the song, go listen to it. It's by Darius Rucker) I'm going to try to really watch my diet now and start limiting my milk intake. I had to do this with Kensley and while it was totally worth it, I sure did miss my milk. I was really getting happy that Kallie hadn't had any belly issues and I was able to eat whatever. Hopefully it's nothing too major.

This past weekend Megan came up and visited. We had a nice, relaxing weekend (relaxing as it can be with two little ones). We didn't do anything..... looking back, I wish we could have done something, but Saturday was a nasty day and we couldn't go outside. We ate at Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse Friday evening. I took advantage because I know she loves Japanese steakhouses and Kent won't go there with me! Kensley did very good- she ate all of her steamed rice and then some chicken off my plate. Kallie slept the whole time.... almost.... we had to hold her a little :) Kensley really took to Megan- it was really sweet. She was calling her "Gan" (sounded like "uh-GAN". She woke up asking where she was on Saturday. She ended up going upstairs and sitting with her to drink her milk. They came back down soon after to watch cartoons. She asked about her again this morning when she woke up. Here's a picture of her and "GAN"!


Here's Megan helping out with the evening scream/cry time


1 comment:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Looks like a great weekend!
Hang in there on the colic, Hailey went through that phase pretty bad. Luckily, I don't remember it lasting too long.