Monday, July 26, 2010

A good read....

Well, I am just about finished reading "The Strong Willed Child" by Dr. Dobson.

 It has been a great book. I highly recommend it. My favorite part is the Question and Answer section at the end of each chapter. I'm sure I'll re-read it someday....soon. :) I just wanted to recommend this book to all of you mommies! :)

The next book I'll be reading is "Shepherding a Child's Heart". Whitney recommended this book so I thought I would pick it up. I'm looking forward to reading it.



And to all you teachers out there- I SOOOO wish I could use these books as some of my continuing education hours. Surely I could, right?! I also recommend teachers that will be working with teenagers to read some books by Dr. Dobson. I really feel if I would have read some about discipling young adolescents, I could have had a better class the year I taught. Teenagers are tough (7th & 8th grade). Just after reading The Strong Willed Child, I feel like I have a LITTLE better understanding of the different stages kiddos go through.

Well, enough of all that..... let me know if you read either one of these books! And what your thoughts are :)

1 comment:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Oh goodness, yes my copy was outdated from that shiney new copy! I still haven't started it. In fact, I haven't finished any of my books lately, not sure what is wrong with me. I have to get on that!