My mom and grandmother came up Tuesday. It was SO nice to have them up here. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more- me or Kensley. It was REALLY special because Ging got to come. I am so glad she got to see our house and spend some good, quality time with all of us.
I kept telling Kensley that we were going to get Nonnie & Ging from the airport. When she saw them walking to the car, she was yelling their names and laughing and getting so excited. We got home and made the treck up the stairs. I really wish I would have thought to get a picture of Ging going up and down the stairs. What a trooper! She did great :) Kensley hung on to Nonnie like crazy when we got home. I took her out of her car seat and she immediately wanted Nonnie to hold her. They were unseperable for a while.
Then she hit up Ging. She had a blast with her. She was constantly making sure she knew where she was- yelling "ging! 'mere" (Ging! Come here) We went into Gap and she couldn't find Ging.... so she was walking around yelling her name. It was too cute. She'd walk all the way upstairs to find her when we were home. I know Ging really enjoyed getting to play with her.
Kallie also had a blast with Nonnie & Ging. She played and laughed and Mommy enjoyed having her hands free a little more often :)
Wednesday we went into D.C. It was, to say the least, an interesting trip. It's just tough traveling with the two girls now- I guess it's Kensley's age. Then add the traffic and craziness of D.C. in the first part of summer. WHEW! But I was so glad we got to take Ging around. She had never been there before. We rented a wheelchair for her- which was the best thing ever! We were able to boogie around D.C. with no problem.
Kensley really enjoyed the museum. She was running around everywhere like a little priss pot. So cute!
I dressed them in their red/white/blue in hopes to get a picture in front of the Capitol. HOWEVER, that didn't go as planned. Too many cars- couldn't get close enough to the Capitol.... and they girls were NOT having it.... I wasn't planning on being in the picture....
Here are a few other pictures I took..... enjoy!
Eating lunch on the bench at the National mall with Nonnie
Drinking her water with Ging
Hanging out with Ging.
She got wet playing with her water table.... so no clothes for her! Her favorite attire!
I'm going to try to edit this a little. We never got a good picture of all of us. I'll get it when we go visit them!
I'll post more later......
2 comments:
What a wonderful week! I know your grandmother will talk about this trip for years to come!!!
Tell Kent that I am so impressed with him taking Kensley to the grocery store.
Edit the four generation picture and repost it.
Your Ging looks so cute and sweet-- I know she is so special to you, and I'm so glad they were able to make the trip up!
I love the pic of all of you!! We took a 5 generation picture at Thanksgiving-- its one of my most favorite pics of all time.
P.S. Looking at your pics of DC makes me WAY excited...
I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Post a Comment