Monday, June 14, 2010

Kensley & Kallie Update

Well, I figured I'd try to get a quick update in as we sit and watch our morning cartoons.

Kensley- she'll be 22 months this month. She is such a cutie! Her new phrase right now is "what's that?" to EVERYTHING! She loves popsicles... she could eat an entire box, I'm sure! She finishes the one she has and immediately heads toward to freezer and asks for another "sickle". She then throws a fit when we tell her "no". Her fits are quite often lately.



While my mom was here, she decided to be a big girl one night and pee in her potty!! I praised her and said "yay!! good job!". She acted like it was no big deal and really didn't even acknowledge she went. So yea, it hasn't happened again. But here's proof that she did it :)


As far as eating. She is pretty unpredictable. Her breakfast is the only predictable meal of the day. She loves her breakfast. We are pretty late eaters. Usually around 8:45-9. She then eats a snack and sometimes goes down for a nap without lunch (around 12). I usually try to get her to eat something before going down. Sometimes it's a fail and she eats lunch around 3. Oh well. Dinner is hit or miss around here. She will eat something- but sometimes it's not much at all. And she's perfectly fine with it. So I just go with it. I have always fixed her the Gerber meals and she enjoys those. Or she'll eat spaghetti with us. She also really likes the Betty Crocker suddenly salad- classic flavor. She could eat the whole box of those noodles! 

Kallie- she'll be 3 months in a couple days! Where has the time gone?! Her big girl thing this week was rolling from her stomach to her back. She hasn't done it again- but Kent and I both got to witness the roll. I called him in the room because she was really getting her feet underneath her and her butt was up in the air. I wanted to show him how close she was to rolling over- and sure enough, when he got in there, she got enough "umph" and pushed herself over! She also likes to be sitting straight up! She is already in her bumbo- loves it. And we tried the jumperoo- she loves it! Not even 3 months old! I have a feeling she'll be an early crawler. Or walker! 

Eating- I'm not certain how often she eats during the day since our days are so crazy. I just feed on demand. I believe she's going 3 hours. At night, she's been doing really well! She'll go to sleep around 9:30-10:30 and she wakes up around 5:30. She did the all last week and last night, she woke up at 3:30 and then again at 6:30 this morning. She does pretty good. I've got to take stuff out of her crib because when I go in there to get her, she's scooted all around and ends up hitting her head on something. That's probably what wakes her up. Right now, she's cuddled up in mommy & daddy's bed. She got to eat at 6:30 in bed with mommy. :) 





And while Kent made dinner last night, Kensley & Kallie played..... 






1 comment:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

So cute!! Have fun this week.
Does Kensley's potty seat fit on yours?
I can't believe Kallie is already 3 months!