Well, I had big dreams of renting a wide angle lens and getting to really take some good landscape pictures of DC. While my "dream" wasn't completely shattered, it was shaken a bit. I have come to terms that I will NEVER have a smooth trip to DC. Ever. And I'm just going to have to deal with it. Something always happens. We thought if we could take the metro, all of our problems would be solved. WRONG! It doesn't work if you get there too late and all the parking spots are full. So we wasted an hour driving to a full parking lot and then another 45 minutes or so getting into DC. After trying our luck at a couple different parking meters, we finally found one that worked- and it was right in the middle of the National Mall. Score! .........kind of....... we didn't have enough quarters to put in the meter... so we put what we had (enough for 45 minutes) and then had to search for more. So our trip to DC consisted of trips to random museums and their cafeterias (to get change) and then we walked around outside the Capitol (we were suppose to have a tour but missed it because we got there too late). We got back in the car and drove to Arlington National Cemetery and did a nice speedwalk around and saw Kennedy's grave and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
After all my complaining, I will say that one of the main things that we had going FOR us was it didn't rain! It was forecasted to rain, but it held off while we were out. Yay! :)
Now here are some of the pictures I was able to get. Enjoy!
This is the Museum of Art. One of our trips to the restroom and cafeteria. The building was beautiful!
Front/Back of Capitol:
Arlington National Cemetery
Kennedy's Gravesite with the eternal flame.
So despite our obstacles, we had a nice time. The Arlington Cemetery was breathtaking. All the tombs was unreal. I'm glad I was able to get some good pictures of it.
So there you have it! Our trip to DC.... wide angle style!
(I rented the Tokina 11-16)
1 comment:
I LOVE the wide angle shots. LOVE them!
These pictures are beautiful. The cemetery ones are especially pretty and serene.
:)
Post a Comment