Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hershey Chocolate World

Day 2 of our little get away. We headed to Hershey World on Sunday morning. We got there just in time. As we left, there were LOADS of people headed inside.

Here is our group. We had a lot of fun with the Knowles family. Kensley just LOVES Kylie!



Here we are on the Chocolate Factory Tour



So here's the low down on this whole "make your own chocolate bar" thing. It was a lot of fun. It would have been a heck of a lot better if you didn't have to CARRY the kids around. I had to carry Kallie with me the whole time- she weighs 20lbs! NOT FUN! But the whole idea was really neat and I'm glad we did it. It was just a lot of stress on Kent and I. The first stressor came when they told us we had to put hair nets & aprons on. Seriously? Kensley HATES things on her head. Here we go.....

(Note: I am trying to take pictures of this whole excursion while carrying a 20lb 6 month old on my hip)

Daddy is attempting to get Miss Priss "dressed"



And this is what we dealt with a lot before we got inside. (I didn't get the pictures of her throwing a fit because, well, I had a 6 month old to hold too.... it was a little tough.)






Looks like we're about to go into a surgery or something- entering a sterile environment! haha
(notice Hayden to the left- he was having fun with his hair net!)



Daddy showing Kensley where her chocolate bar was. She LOVED the chocolate- go figure ;) This was the first time she's ever had chocolate bars.



This conveyer belt was where the "fixings" were poured onto the bar.



Cute, huh?






Come on family- Act happy real quick! ;-)


The Knowles Family


Here are some souvenirs. The tins with their names on them are the chocolate bars we made. You could personalize what went on the bars and then personalize the outside wrapper. 




And here are some more pictures that either I or Karissa took while at the museum.



I'll post more pictures from making the chocolate bar when I get a chance.




2 comments:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Super cute pictures!! I love the chocolate bars and Ben's extra hair net.

Casey said...

okay, these pics cracked me up! I don't think I could have gotten Cori to wear a hear net! It probably helped that the little boy was wearing one, to get Kensley on board! Kent didn't look too thrilled either LOL. Thanks for the smiles this morning!