Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time to get on a schedule....

**FINALLY getting around to actually publishing this blog from Monday! I was waiting to get the pictures ready :)

We are home! Yay! We have been traveling since the beginning of December and I have never been so giddy about being at home. For all those times I talked about how I really don't care for a townhome and yadayadayada.... I am taking that back! I LOVE my house! I LOVE where I live! I am so glad to be back. Now.... there is a flip side to this..... but I won't go into detail because this is a public blog. Anyways, I'm glad to be back home.

We were recently visiting upstate NY and it is SOOO dreary out. It's bad. Like, depressing bad. Gray skies EVERY day. I can count on one hand how many days the sun shined (and that was just a few hours of the day). DEPRESSING. We have been home for 48 hours and the sun has shined more in those two days here than it did the past month in NY! I feel refreshed! Kent & I worked hard all weekend to get things unpacked. It took forever! Suitcases are now put up and everything is in its place. I still have to go through Kallie's clothes and pull our Kensley's old clothes and then go through Kensley's clothes. That is a huge chore! But I can't wait to go shopping for some clothes for the girls!

I haven't had time to take many pictures.... so here are a few.

This is taken from my phone. This was what our house looked like when we got in. DISASTER ZONE!
***OOOPS couldn't get that cell pic to work.... ugh.... *****

This is what it looks like now. (I am working on selling toys.... we have to make room for new toys that Kallie will be getting for her birthday!) Looks like we could run a mini daycare- ha! We need a playroom! That will be in our next house, hopefully! :)



This is what the bookcase & living room looked like when Kensley & Kallie were done with it. I am about to have to start teaching how to pick up after playing with toys! This is crazy!




This is a mat I bought to put under the table or chairs when Kensley is eating or doing artwork. Needless to say, she didn't eat much dinner tonight.... she was too intrigued by this! She loved the "pairies" (fairies).



Here are the girls opening their Valentine's cards. They racked up in the mail today!


----
It's now Wednesday and we have gotten back into a routine- YAY! It didn't take as long as I expected. We are really enjoying the beautiful weather here. I'll make another blog post soon with new pictures! :)

1 comment:

Nicolle said...

I'm glad the sun is shining for you! :)

I always feel the need to clean out toys right before Boyd's birthday and Christmas. AND, I have also said a million times, I wish we had a playroom. I'd love one room where it was just toys, and I could shut the door at the end of the day and not worry about picking up!