Friday, August 6, 2010

Hump day!

Well, we're already half way through this week. Yay! We get to see Kent again this weekend- so I am SUPER excited. Keith is graduating, so we'll be going to graduation on Saturday. (NOT looking forward to that with Miss Kensley..... but I've already got it in my brain that we'll be walking around outside the gym for the majority of the time... and that's ok :)

Anyways, we've been staying busy and trying to enjoy every moment here with family. We went to some friends' house last night and Kensley had a blast. She kept saying "Pun"? (she wanted me to ask her if she had "fun") So I'd say, "did you have fun??" and she'd reply in a happy yell "yeah!!!!!". They had a pool and while it was suppose to be a pool play date (or so I thought) no one else wanted to get in. Kensley's heart was set on it - the whole time I was getting things packed up and ready to leave, she was saying "pool!" So we got in the pool for about 30 minutes. She LOVED it. And it was really nice to get to visit with my girl friends. I didn't get any pictures though- surprise surprise!

Kensley's birthday party luau is in full planning effect! I am getting excited. We went to a birthday party last weekend and I was really "inspired". Shayna always decorates her parties SO CUTE! I'm going to do cupcakes instead of a cake- but I think I'm going to make a small cake for Kensley. I need to get my creative juices going! haha (IF I have any!) I've worked with Marie, who made Kallie's birth announcements and she has made the invites for Kensley's party- I LOVE them! She is so talented.

Both girls are doing so well- Kallie sleeps through the night still but I am struggling on getting her on a better schedule. She is a night owl! And I'm not. Kensley has got to stay up until 9 for a while. I have gave in to the 8:00 bedtime. It's just SO TERRIBLY hot here in Texas and it starts getting a little better around 8. She loves to be outside, so I've loosened those reigns a bit. :) Once we get back home, we'll get back into a schedule, I'm sure.

I have a hair appointment today- I'm excited. I'm growing all these highlights out so I'm going to get a bunch of low lights put in so it doesn't look so crazy! I'm still growing my hair out- so I'm going to get Tera to "fix" what the lady up in VA did to my hair. She messed it up bad!

Here is a picture to share.... my last post was of Kensley brushing her teeth before bedtime...in her swimsuit. well here's a picture of her in her crib sleeping....

1 comment:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Walking around at graduation is a good idea. We had to do that with Hailey Grace.
I know Kensley's party will be a hit, I just wish I wasn't helping host a party on the same day.
See you next week!