Monday, January 19, 2009

Blogs....

Well, I opened this account back in August in hopes to start blogging on this instead of googlepages. Well, obviously that hasn't happened. I have copied/pasted my first blog about Kensley's birth....

September 2, 2008
Kensley came into the world on August 26th at 4:10pm. We went to the hospital at 5:30am, got checked in and they started my pitocin at 6:30. The Dr. came and broke my water at 9:00 and I had my epidural by 9:30. The rest of the day went by really fast. Our nurse was amazing! By 3:45, I was ready to start pushing. I did a few "warm up" pushes and the nurse had to call the dr. It took him about 15-20 minutes to get up to the room- which was a little scary because Miss Kensley was ready to come out before then! As he walked in, she was sliding out- the nurse had to stop her while the dr. put his scrubs on and got everything ready. So at 4:10, she was born- she was so beautiful and pink. Kent and my mom took pictures of her and then Kent and I got to spend a few minutes with her alone.
We spent two nights in the hospital. We sent Kensley to the nursery at night so we could get some rest. Kent stayed the first night with me- it was a little rough because I was still hooked up to the IV and that made noise all night. The second night my mom stayed so Kent could go home and get a good night's sleep. I slept a lot better that night. No IV's hooked up to me so it was a lot easier to get up and down (and less noisy). We ended up leaving the hospital at about 11:30. The rest of the day at home was nice and peaceful.
Today, Kensley is a week old. She is such a great baby. She doesn't cry a lot- I try to get her fed when she's making noises or is "rooting". She screams at the top of her lungs when we give her baths. Kent and I gave her one the other night and she didn't like it at all. Kent doesn't like it when she cries, so he lets me do that part- and then he gets the towel and just saves the day! He bundles her up in that and she stops crying. Usually every night before we go to bed, she lays on Kent for a while. That's their bonding time :) We've had so much company, it's been pretty crazy. My mom is up here this week to help out, which is nice, but we have such a small house that it's been stressing Kent and I out a little. We like to have everything picked up and out of the way- and it's just hard to have it like that when people are over here all the time. But we'll survive! :-)
So all in all, this baby has been such a blessing to us. Kent and I have become so much closer- and in such a different way. It's amazing and I love it. Kensley has really filled that special place in our hearts.

No comments: