Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Updates on life

Well, we are here living the hotel life. :) I Haven't blogged any because my hands/fingers are hurting so bad (and internet connection here stinks). It's amazing how one symptom can ruin a great pregnancy. It's a pain that NEVER stops. So it consumes my brain. (In fact, it will probably take 4 times longer to type this blog b/c I'll have to stop and give my hands a break)

HOTEL UPDATE:

Going on schedule to move in February 28th. That's NEXT FRIDAY! Woohoo!!!! We're on week 3 of hotel life.... and we're making the best of it.... but the laundry part SUCKS. Like, seriously. I've washed our clothes here the last 2 weeks..... and they don't dry all the way so I we have clothes hung over every sq ft of this suite and I fold them the next morning. Luckily, we are going to a friend's to play tomorrow so she's going to let me wash over there. Our clothes will ACTUALLY be clean for the first time in 3 weeks! lol I'm sure the ones here don't clean them very well at all. Anyways... aside from the clothes.... the stay has been great. Breakfast is great- we love Ms. Shannon. She keeps the girls stocked up with Froot Loops. Our first week here, they had NO fruity cereal- which is so odd to me. So the second week we finally spoke up and asked for some- and she realized the girls were going to ask her every morning for some- so she's ready in the mornings now. ;) Kallie loves to eat a bowl of Raisin Brand & then Froot Loops. Kensley eats 2 boxes of Froot Loops. I eat a waffle. EVERY morning. They're SO good- ha! And luckily I'm pregnant so I have an "excuse" for eating bad. Kensley told her teacher at school that her mommy eats a big waffle in the shape of Texas every morning. lol I typically bring a couple cups of milk and OJ back up to the room if we come back up- stock up while we can ;) Also, a week into our stay, I realized dinner was served FREE every night. Uh, what?!?!?! So duh- we eat down there every night now- Monday-Thursday. It gets us out of the room and the girls love it- maybe not necessarily the food- but just the atmosphere. Staying so long, we see all kinds of people come and go- there was a family there with two little kids that we'd see every morning and evening but they left last weekend. It was bittersweet- ha! We didn't really know them but did stop long enough to tell eachother why we'd been staying so long. Their bathroom flooded the downstairs of their house so they were getting that fixed.... when they left, I was happy for them- and wishing it was us. lol There's another lady here- she and her husband. He works and she's always at breakfast- same table- every morning. The girls love her- she doesn't really talk to us- they just love that they are always going to see "that lady" eating. We talked to her yesterday and she told us her husband's job has him traveling and she just goes with him (they're older- grandparents). They're here for 3 weeks and then San Antonio next week and then they go back home to California the following week. So this will be the last week we see her! So all in all, we've had a good stay here. But honestly- I'm READY TO BE OUT OF HERE!!!!!


KENSLEY/KALLIE
They are both doing GREAT at school! They love their classes and I LOOOOOOVE the school and staff. Everyone is so sweet and love my girls and it shows. Kensley is learning to read already. They do site words here- and she's picking up fast. She was really bored at her old school and it became VERY evident once we got to her new school. She needs a challenge. Kallie is LOVING her class. She LOVES her teachers and she's actually wanting to learn now- which is a total change from her last school. She did not really click well with the teachers for whatever reason- and she wasn't really learning anything. Or maybe she just wasn't as "excited" about learning? I don't know what it is- I just know she's excelling more at this school.


KHLOE
Is it time yet?!?!?! Yikes! I'm 38 weeks now and am READY! I went to the dr today- dilated 2cm and 70% effaced. Like I mentioned earlier- my hands are my only problem..... my feet are swollen, too- but they don't hurt. I can't hardly move anymore- but luckily I have two little helpers that have been so good to help me if I drop something or get things off the floor. lol We tried to schedule an induction for Tuesday but they're booked.... so I'm praying a spot will open up--- or heck, she'll come on her own before then! I have another appointment on Monday.... so we'll see what kind of progress we have!

HOUSE
NEXT FRIDAY! We have 9 more days here. 9.more.days. I am so ready to get to the house! Lots of new furniture will be delivered and I get to set up the girls' room! I'm super excited :)

No comments: