Thursday, January 23, 2014

Baby it's COOOOLD outside

Well, it's been up in the 70's this week and is now in the low 30's today. Gotta love this weather! I don't mind the cold... it's the misty rain and wind that has come with it this time that is enough to throw me into a deep depression. BLAH!

The girls were suppose to go to gymnastics this afternoon but I decided we'd skip. Not to be productive around the house with packing- but to just be bums and lazy. Because I just don't have any energy at this point. We got up and went to a friend's house this morning (she lives right behind us) and do a craft. She saw something on Pinterest and wanted to make it- so we've been getting it together all week so we could paint the letters on and FINISH it today. We went to Home Depot and bought some wood and had them cut it for us- then we used wood glue to glue the pieces together and then we stained it. We used about 3 coats of a dark stain- it turned out great! In fact, I felt like I had just built a house or something- like I accomplished something HUGE. I mean, I've never done a craft like this before.... so I was pumped. We made the stencils today and painted the letters on. My letters are FAAAAR from perfect but when hung up high on a wall, we should be ok ;) I'm going to try to do it with vinyl next time- I think it'll turn out better (less messy). All in all, it was a good time with friends! (oh, and my fingers tingled the ENTIRE time... and were numb. I am SOOOOOOO ready for that to be over with. It just about drives me crazy....daily)



This past weekend, a friend/neighbor of mine took maternity pictures for me. She's wanting to start advertising more styled sessions for maternity- and so she went out of her way to get some super cute props- and even made the chiffon dress I was wearing! It was gorgeous and totally "made" the pictures. She's super talented in the sewing department.... kind of like a jack of all trades. ;) Anyways, here are some of the shots she got. I LOOOOVE them. 







I'm 34 weeks now- not much longer! I am SO ready for Khloe to get here- although we really aren't "ready". We have no car seat for her.... so that's on our priority list once we move next weekend. All of my friends are having their babies so it's making me REALLY ready now. ha! I hope moving into a new home and having a new, organized kitchen and a baby on the OUTSIDE will allow me enough motivation to actually start cooking HEALTHY again! We'll see ;)


No comments: